Friday, January 20, 2017

Where have I have I been for a Year?

Long has the question burned in the hearts and minds of intrepid IT hopefuls, and of course the recently techy unemployed; Education or Certification?

In my quest for career path validation, I asked the same question, luckily I found an option that fills both roles.  I am currently enrolled in a program with Western Governors University that makes Certification the final for several of the classes.  Yesterday I took and passed Cisco ICND1, the first of a two step process to attain the Cisco Certified Network Associate in Routing and Switching, or CCNA R&S for short.

subnote: As a full time Security Engineer, full time student, part time solider, and single parent, I often neglect certain passions and endeavors that I deem negotiable at the time.  This blog has been often fallen into that category.  As an effort of recompense, I am going to relate more of my study and side projects to this medium.  

Among the certifications a security minded person pursing an education through WGU can anticipate:
CompTia A+
CompTia Network+
CompTia Security+
CompTia Project+
CompTia Linux+
LPI LPIC-1
Cisco CCENT
Cisco CCNA R&S
Cisco CCNA Security

Add that that the other courses, and degree attained, and all told you have a very solid base to begin (or continue) a technical career.


Yours in Security,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment