Monday, May 15, 2023

Wodan-Faste Daeg 1

Several moons back, while on a spiritual journey in a deep breathwork sound healing, I received a vision quest of a  9-day fast as a physical and spiritual metamorphosis tool.  Inspired by Odin's self-sacrifice of himself to himself, his hanging from Yggdrasil for 9 days and 9 nights, without food or water, pierced by Gungnir his spear.  He is said to have peered down into the fathomless depths of the well of Ord of which the tree of life grows out, seeking to attain more profound knowledge, ostensibly of both himself and the cosmos.  I seek wisdom on my shamanic journey, spiritual clarity, autophagy of my body, and to kick my 50-year-old metabolism into turbo!

While foregoing food and water... hanging upside down... and piercing myself with a spear is not an approachable goal... I can gather certain corollaries from my experience, and indeed the act of a 9-day fast is a sacrifice of myself to myself, as my body must consume itself to survive. 

I will venture to art, music, yoga, study of the runes, exercise, and other feedings of my soul to further this endeavor. 

Today's rune was Perthro... signifying what is hidden... seems appropriate as I venture into the mysteries. 

May 15 10:00am, 20 hours fasted!


No comments:

Post a Comment